Monday, March 19, 2012

Not my first rodeo...

So, I have re-decided to keep up with a blog. I have had a blog before but it never took off. I figured I could post pictures and things we did, kids said, etc right to Facebook. Now, while I can and still will do that...I thought a blog might be a good outlet to just be able to write about a lot more that we do around The Blair household. My kids are getting so big and at almost 4 years old and 2 years old, they are hilarious...most of the time. So, there is a lot to say to keep friends and family updated on their (our) lives.

Hayden--who is about the smartest, funniest, caring and just sweetest boy I know-has decided he is too good for naps. I would have to completely disagree with him on that. If no nap meant earlier bed time then I am all for it BUT that's not what it means at all. It means, that right after bath time(usually around 630) he turns into a tornado of destruction. Literally, bouncing off of walls. HELLO child this is settle down time. Story time. Anything else I can come up with to calm him down. And no, he gets no sugar after about 330. So, this is his all out attempt to keep himself awake. Ugh. At least, minus for the ball energy, he is still pretty good. He tells me "I just want to wait until Daddy gets home. I haven't seen him all day." Tear. I know he misses his dad and that's why his bed time is later than it has been in the past. I don't force a super early bed time because I know Hayden and Olivia want to see their dad as does Andrew want to see them. So, when Andrew comes home he reads Olivia a book and him and Hayden play a game on the ipad. Such boys. :)
 Hayden is also going to be turning 4 years old in a little over a month. I can't believe it. He is going to have a pirate birthday party....which I'm not real sure who is more excited about it. Hayden loves any type of party and well, I am the exact same way! I LOVE to decorate for parties. I love to come up with themes and just plan the whole thing out. Now, about 3 days before the party...I HATE parties. Ha!

Now Little Miss Olivia. About the sassiest thing there ever was. But also, the sweetest. We just love her to pieces.  She also is a very smart little kid. And quite manipulative. ;) If Andrew gets her in trouble she will immediately have a huge meltdown crying "I want mommy. I want mommy." BUT if I get her in trouble she goes crying "I want daddy. I want daddy." Haha. Olivia has always been a good sleeper....so we have no issues with her there. Lay her down with a popper, lights out and she is gone. :) So easy. And Olivia ADORES her brother. Adores him. When she wakes up from nap its "Is Haynen awake?" If Hayden is crying she immediately has to go give him a hug and tell him she's sorry. Even though she wasn't even involved! She plays Batman and Robin with him. Which I just love to sit and watch. She is just a funny funny girl. Olivia is the type of girl who is very girly but hates having anything done with her hair. Scratch that....loves to have her hair done so she can immediately undo it. Grr. It just falls in her face like a sheep dog and she makes no attempt to move it!! Why?! Haha. But, she loves to play dress up, loves to have her finger nails painted (I do that about every other day) and is much calmer than her brother. Another thing with Olivia--she had to have a mole removed about mid February. She should have healed up after about two weeks...but here we are going on a month and it is still not fully healed! She messed with a stitch on her arm which caused it to get infected. And now her scar is much bigger, is taking much longer to heal and just worries me everyday. Now, while she is off special wound care and infection is gone, I am nervous everyday when I take her bandage off that it will be infected again. The fact that it got infected made me feel like I wasn't adequate enough to care for her. I just felt completely awful. I guess a part of me still feels like I am going to mess up and cause this once minor thing on her arm to become even worse. Ugh. But she has taken this whole process like a champ. Never once complaining. She even sat still for 45 minutes as they did surgery on her arm and she was awake!! AWESOME child. Just so special.

 Andrew and I are good. He just celebrated his 27th birthday and all day Hayden told him 'Happy Valentines Day'. Oops. :) He is working hard and loves his job. I am so happy for that. He is not one to really want to sit still (hmmm...wonder where Hayden gets it ;))so this job allows him to be in store and out about. Suits him perfectly. And I just take care of our kids. Every. Single. Day. They are a joy though. I feel very very grateful that I can be with them. And I like that I can make Andrews day a little easier when he comes home....kids bathed, kids fed, house cleaned and dinner ready for him. But when I don't feel well or every day life gets in the way and something on my list doesn't get checked off. He never complains or makes me feel like I have 'failed' for that day. In fact, I'm not sure he actually notices...but if he does, he doesn't mention it. :) He got to switch his days off to Thursday so he can be there for Olivia's dance and Hayden's soccer practice (well, one of them). I will be sure to post plenty of soccer pictures and videos. I can't post much until Olivia has recitals because they practice in a room with the door shut. Now, they have a tv in the 'lobby' where we can watch her and see how she is doing...but it won't translate well in picture. Sorry, this post does not have all but one photo. But this weekend we are heading to LR for some family pictures and will be sure to post them then.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog! We can be blog buddies! You are a great mom and taking good care of Olivias arm. Some things are out of our control and just being there for her and comforting here. Taking care of her. Loving her. That's what she sees and remembers! Can't wait for family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Blog buddies! And thank you. I know its out of my control but I still just feel awful. :( Luckily, it is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete