Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not a lot

Not a whole lot is going on around here. This past Sunday we did make our way to Silver Dollar City for the 'Moonlight Madness'. We didn't get any pictures but it was probably the most fun we have ever had there. After two weeks of 100+ degree weather, Sunday it was a high of 89. We couldn't get in until 6 because we were taking some friends of ours (and guests couldn't get in until then).
   Once we got to Silver Dollar City and got the kids their armbands with their height (Olivia is a half inch too short for all the rides Hayden can go on) we met John and Liz. Unfortunately we did not spend too much time with them because, well, they are are two adults who want to ride adult rides. Ha! Andrew and Hayden got to go on Andrew's favorite ride 'The Lost River'. I decided that instead of waiting for them I would take Olivia to the kid rides. We rode the frogs and caterpillar rides A LOT. The kids had so much fun. After Hayden got in his two big rides he was ready for the kid section as well. The weather was absolutely perfect. And the parks atmosphere at night was so neat. OH, and I almost forgot...Hayden got to ride his very first ride all by himself. While I rode with Olivia on the caterpillar ride Hayden insisted that he ride one by himself. Not with Daddy, not with me in the back but all by himself. I wish we got a picture of him....he was so proud. :)

 Oh my word!! I could not believe it when I almost stepped on this baby frog in our living room! I thought it was a leaf or a shadow when I originally walked passed it. And I just knew....that was something. I showed the kids and they were in charge of watching where it hopped while I went to get something to put this little guy back outside. They kept saying 'he's so cute'. Um....I don't think so kiddos. He was removed safely outside near the dogs pool.
 These are my nerds..er...kids. They thought it was so funny they made an 'H' with their bodies. Very clever.
 I was finishing my RL stuff and the kids were building 'caves' on top of each other. Hayden came to me and said 'take a picture of Olivia'. So, here is Olivia in her 'cave'.
 Here is my fall wreath. I did not make this one. A lady I work for had her sister in law make this for me. SO sweet!! And I absolutely love it. It will stay up until I do my Christmas wreath. :)

My photographer is having a 'silly face' photo contest. If you are the overall winner you win a fall session, free prints and a boutique 11x14 canvas print (I WANT to win that one!) and if you are the winner in your category you win a free fall session and free prints. I already have a fall session booked....so if we win I won't have to pay for it. HA!! Anyways, the two pictures above are the two pictures I am using of the kids. Obviously, Olivia in the girl category and Hayden in the boy. If you read this and you are friends with me on FB.....VOTE FOR THEM!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment